Wednesday, October 6, 2010

2010 NFL Elimination Pool - Week 5 pick

4 correct picks down, only 13 to go! In week 5 I'm going with the Colts to defeat the undefeated Chiefs this week. The Colts have the largest projected margin of victory of all favorites across all Las Vegas lines this week. I also considered the Ravens to defeat the Broncos at home this week, but I want to save the Ravens for week 7 when they have the Bills at home, and the Bills are even worse than the Broncos. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, according to the Vegas moneylines, the Colts are more likely to win than the Ravens this week.

5 comments:

  1. Am I to assume that Indy is also the pick to play according to your original method? I will trust your judgement again this week, but Indy kind of scares me. At least they are at home though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with our Consultant on Indy, but am also scared, mostly because we still don't know how good KC really is. But, when I really think about them, I have to lean towards them not being as good as their record would suggest.

    As far as BAL in week 7 goes, I agree that we'll probably use them there, but BAL is also good in week9, and there's not much else there. Except that MIN probably got better this week by adding Moss.

    Here's something to think about... I am in two different Elimination pools, with the same rules, EXCEPT, one of them requires TWO PICKS in weeks 11, 12, and 13 (if there are still more than 100 people left or 50, or 30 respectively). This pool started with about 950. So, in that pool BAL is a good pick in week12 too.

    I love this stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny, what do you mean, 'my original method'? I only have one method...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless I am mistaken, you said that you went by the (ESPN?) NFL power rankings. The matchup with the biggest discrepency (that is available to you at that time) is the one you go with.

    In your post, you only mention that the Colts have the biggest projected margin of victory according to Las Vegas lines. So when I say "original method", I mean the one involving the NFL power rankings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are the Steelers the obvious pick this week? I see no other one that I like that much.

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010 Zach Samuels

links to this site are welcome, but copying and reposting of the contents of this page are not permitted without express written consent from the author.